Monday, March 3, 2008

Journal 5

This is a little late, but I still remember what I did a few weeks ago because it was fairly noteworthy. I had been having doubts about our (my) decision to use an external API called JGN (Java Game Networking) to facilitate our game's multiplayer interaction. It's a decent API; however, the documentation is severely lacking. In fact, the only documentation that exists consists of the code's comments and a few wiki pages (which I wrote myself.) Needless to say, we were having trouble tracking down several bugs. Specifically, character avatars (as mentioned in my previous post) were not being correctly removed from the scene graph. But despite the lack of documentation, we managed to clean things up. The virtual collaboration environment is almost complete now.

No comments: